The shell post graduate scholarship is organised by Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC). The applicant will be of Rivers, Delta, Imo and Bayelsa states. The objective of the scheme is to provide an opportunity for qualifying students from these Niger Delta states to further their education in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry.
The scholarship is only for ten individual to study in three universities in the UK–Imperial College London, University College, London and the University of Leeds for year post-graduate MSc studies.
Imperial College London
- MSc PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
- MSc PETROLEUM GEOSCIENCE
- MSc PETROLEUM GEOPHYSICS
University College London
- MSc CHEMICAL/PROCESS ENGINEERING
- MSc MECHANICAL ENGINEERING (Rotating Equipment or Metallurgy)
- MSc CIVIL ENGINEERING (Geotechnics)
University Of Leeds
- MSc EXPLORATION GEOPHYSICS
- MSc ELECTRONIC/ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
- To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Display sound intellectual ability and leadership potentials
- Meet the individual universities’ English Language requirements (usually at least 6.5 in IELTS score valid for September admission). Please note that TOEFL is no longer recognised by most UK universities. Candidates are advised that failure to meet each university’s English Language requirement at the time of selection may invalidate their application.
- Be aged between 21-28 years .
- Be an indigene of Rivers, Delta, Imo or Bayelsa states (documentary proof of this will be required and will be verified)
- Currently reside in Nigeria
- Return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study
- Have obtained a university degree (at least of equivalent standard to a UK Second Class Upper (Honours degree)
- Not have studied previously in the UK or any other developed country
- Have a Nigerian international passport .
- Be neither a current nor former employee (who has left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC or the Royal Dutch Shell Group of Companies .
- Not be a spouse, child or ward of staff of Shell Companies in Nigeria .
- Submit application for admission to the any of the prospective universities for any of the qualifying courses
- Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the participating universities following an offer of admission by the university
- Universities will process applications and select candidates to attend interviews before being considered for final selection
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities on time .
The scholarship will cover tuition fees, one economy return flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only*.
MORE INFORMATION ON SPECIFIC COURSE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS CAN BE OBTAINED from the websites of the individual universities.
- Please note that the stipends are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only
- This is a non-committal scholarship. Note that NEITHER SPDC NOR any of its affiliate companies is obligated to offer employment of any sort to any candidate upon graduation neither are successful candidates bonded to SPDC for any period of time on account of the scholarship award. The scholarship scheme is not out but if you are interested and would want to be informed, Please comment below .