Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
The Laboratory Experimental Technician is a member of an experimental R&D team, with responsibility for supporting ongoing programs by carrying out the preparation and synthesis of inorganic compounds and heterogeneous catalysts utilizing conventional Chemistry techniques, and participating in idea generation, development and deployment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, or hold a valid work visa that does not require sponsorship in order for you to legally work full-time in the United States.
- BS degree in chemistry, biology, or a closely related field plus minimum of one year of lab or pilot plant experience, or AS degree in technology/science plus minimum of four years of lab or pilot plant experience.
- Strong knowledge of ICP and XRF is preferred.
- Familiarity with general chemistry laboratory techniques and equipment, and the operation of basic analytical instrumentation.
- Ability to multi-task and work well with others in a team environment.
- Good mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Must possess a high degree of safety consciousness and demonstrate basic safety skills in the handling of potentially toxic / hazardous materials.
- Basic computer skills, including MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
Offers ends in 01-April-2018