This is to inform you that the international essay contest for young people is now open for anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2018) to submit their essay in the following age categories: a) Children (ages up to 14) (b) Youth (ages 15 – 25). The theme of this year essay contest is, “The Change I Want to Make”. You have to write in your essay that one thing you would like to change the most to make your school, workplace, community, country or the world a better place and how you will bring about that change.Please share your concrete ideas.
Essays must be 700 words or less in English, French, Spanish or German, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese, excluding essay title and cover page. Essays may be typed or printed. Entries may be submitted by postal mail or online. Entries submitted by postal mail must include a cover page (free format) indicating
(1) category (Children or Youth) (2) your essay title (3) your name (4) address (5) phone number (6) e-mail (7) nationality (8) age as of June 15, 2018 (9) gender (10) school name (if applicable) (11) word count.
Teachers and youth directors may submit a collection of essays from their class or group. Please enclose a list of participants’ names, ages and the name and contact information of the submitting teacher or director.
* Entries missing any of the above information will not be considered.
* We are unable to confirm receipt of essays.
The good thing about this contest is that you have the chance to submit more that one essay as far as it they have not been published.
The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
1st Prize: Certificate, prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$900 as of February 2018) and gift … 1 entrant
2nd Prize: Certificate, prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$450 as of February 2018) and gift … 2 entrants
3rd Prize: Certificate and gift … 5 entrants
Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift … 25 entrants
* 1st prize winners will be invited to the award ceremony to be held in Tokyo, Japan on November 23, 2018
and will receive the Minister of Education Award. (Travel expenses will be covered by the organizer.)
* Additional awards (Recognition for Effort, Best School Award, School Incentive Award) will be given if applicable.
* All prize winners will be announced on October 31, 2018 (Japan time) on this website. Certificates and gifts will be mailed to the winners in December 2018.
Deadline: June 15, 2018 (23:59 your local time).