Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
The role is expected to provide leadership in identifying and implementing third-party trading opportunities in the region together with optimisation of Group value at the upstream/downstream (trading) interface in Sub-Saharan Africa Third party includes both government and private sector opportunities. The incumbent will play an active role in upstream re-structuring developments that have a cross-business impact and will act as the in situ commercial interface between upstream and trading/downstream in the region.
To sustain and grow Crude Trading business in Nigeria, by originating, structuring and closing out crude oil Business Development projects, the individual is expected to have proven high capacity, commercial mind set, sound understanding of trading, related upstream O&G and structured financing apart from excellent interpersonal skills.
- High capacity individuals looking to enter the core trading arena are invited to apply for this role. Knowledge of upstream commercial drivers, refinery economics and structured financing along with a sound understanding of the trading business is desirable. Experience in trading and/or financing is essential. Strong interpersonal skills are required to forge and maintain relations with internal business units, government entities and private producing and marketing companies alike.
- Strong evidence of high level of intelligence, commercial acumen, consistent delivery, able to grasp new concepts very quickly and highly numerate.
- Relevant Business Development experience along with proven ability to build strong working relationships with key stakeholders and to use this to sell ideas to customers.
- Excellent communication and influencing abilities.
- Ability to challenge the status quo hunger for getting deals done and generating value.
- High sense of ownership and accountability for the deal process
Removal Date: 31st May, 2018.