Main purpose of job:
The main purpose of this role is to assist the IT support Officers in ensuring the smooth running of IT services across Nigeria British High Commission, and its state offices. The jobholder will perform IT Support Officer (ITSO) duties for staff. The intern will be joining a very busy IT section that provides support to not only Abuja but a number of state offices.
This is a particularly busy period for the section with a number of software and hardware deployments ongoing. The successful applicant will therefore need to demonstrate strong IT skills, balancing and prioritizing the workload; have excellent communications skills and very good attention to detail.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
- Assist in pre-deployment tasks for new IT equipment
- Setting up of training sessions
- Responding to user requests sent to IT inbox
- Providing logistics support to deployment team
- Perform an inventory of IT assets
- Assist in post deployment exercises (floor walking, logging calls and incidents)
- Assist in disposal of redundant IT Equipment
- Provide all other IT Support to users
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening. Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
Obtain the relevant permit
Pay fees for the permit
Make arrangements to relocate
Meet the costs to relocation
- The British High Commission does not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application.