- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 7/13/2018 10:55:03 AM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Headquarters
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
Role Summary: BHGE Nigeria is offering is an internship/co-op program designed to give fresh graduates challenging work assignments, developmental feedback, and exposure to leadership. The duration of our internship program spans a period of 6-12 months, and combines hands-on experience with formal performance feedback to help participants transition from a collegial environment to the workplace.
Essential Responsibilities:In this role, you will:
- Lead current and evolving initiatives and cross-functional projects related to technology and support; being adaptable to change
- Lead Premium end-user services/ L2 desk side support across the site, acting as an escalation point for service issues and managing 3rd-party service providers to ensure business needs are being met
- Focal point for customer interaction and support for all local IT services including client, LAN, wireless, AV, conference room, telepresence, mobile and physical connectivity
- Partner with DWSS and other IT teams on new technology introduction projects to ensure the campus is prepared to deploy and support the new solution
- Ensure all business policies and standards related to client services, IT security and compliance are being met
- Ability to partner and develop strong ties with teams within the DWSS organization to eliminate the silo approach and develop synergies to achieve the organization’s mission
- Anticipate, identify and resolve problems, applying knowledge in complex, difficult or stressful situations
- Ability to communicate technical information to audiences at all levels of the organization
- Leverage geographically diverse team of employees, consulting resources, and members of matrix organizations to accomplish goals
- Be available during off hours to handle urgent issues that may arise
- Fully own the support experience of all the technologies that the Senior Global Leaders use on a daily basis
- Bachelor’s degree and/or minimum 5 years of experience with client (PC) technologies and support services
- Minimum 2 years of experience with client (PC) technologies and support services
- Minimum 2 years of experience desktop support
- Proven leadership and ability to adapt responsibilities based upon strategic business needs
- Programming skills is an added advantage
Desired Characteristics:Technical Expertise:
- Windows 7 and 10
- MAC OS
- Skype Meeting and Skype Broadcast
- Office 365
- Experience in mission critical IT operations support environments
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of the organization and external customers
- Experience working in a global organization
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Ability to develop and follow procedures
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous tasks, client relationships and expectations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates
- Effective problem identification and solution skills