- Oversee and coordinate Dangote Cement Group’s Information Technology environment and ensure consistent IT system availability to support the Group’s business operations
- Officer provides vision and leadership for developing and implementing information technology initiatives. This position directs the planning and implementation of enterprise IT systems in accordance with the mission, core values, and demands of the business
- Coordinate the articulation and development of the Dangote Cement Group’s overall IT strategy and ensure alignment with the Group’s strategy, business goals and objectives.
- Establish and drive the implementation of IT policies and procedures that promote and ensure the confidentiality, integrity, availability and security of corporate data and information.
- Continually review and assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the IT function’s policies, procedures and processes and identify improvement opportunities.
- Oversee the design, implementation and maintenance of the Group’s Enterprise Resource Planning (SAP ERP) system to effectively support business operations.
- Ensure optimal availability and reliability of the Group’s IT systems and support infrastructure to provide accurate and up-to-date business management information.
- Collaborate with business functions and Dangote Cement subsidiaries to identify IT requirements and acquire technology solutions in line with overall corporate and business strategy.
- Develop business case for implementing new IT business solutions aimed at improving the achievement of business objectives and present recommendations to the Group CFO/ Group CIO other relevant stakeholders and obtain necessary approvals as required.
- Provide technical advice on IT upgrades and acquisitions/ investments required for the Group’s operations in line with Group’s strategy.
- Participate in definition and implementation of IT governance frameworks for IT project management, service management, enterprise architecture, information security, quality assurance and service performance management.
- Oversee the design and implementation of a disaster recovery plan and system that ensures timely and continuous system and network availability at all times throughout the Group in conjunction with corporate centre.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- High level of integrity and commitment.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Engineering, Computer or Computer Science.
- Master’s degree in MBA, IT, CIS, computer science or similar field preferred.
- Certifications in Applications, security, project management, ITIL and related fields is desirable.
- Fifteen years of experience in broad-based IT operations.
- Minimum of three years of experience in leading IT in complex manufacturing environment required.
- Experience in managing large teams of 50+ a multinational environment is required.
- Five years of experience in manufacturing environment preferred.
- At least ten years of experience in managing complex ERP centric environments, preferably SAP.
- Ability to manage relationships and expectations in complex multi-cultural organizations.
- Good understanding of micro and macroeconomic indices and its impact on the Group’s operations.
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Working knowledge of systems development standards, policies and procedures.
- Strong IT project planning/management and implementation skills.
- Sound awareness/ understanding of trends and recent developments in the international IT industry.
- Strong leadership, organisational and people management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- High sense of responsibility, accountability and dependability.