Deadline for application is September 30, 2018
The Centre for Social Awareness, Advocacy and Ethics, Inc. (CSAAEINC), U.S.A., is now accepting applications from Nigerian youths interested in our Emerging African Leaders Program (ELP)
- In 2013, we launched ELP to respond to Africa’s failure of leadership. The 3-year program is designed to channel young people into activities that develop leaders of character; cultivate a spirit of entrepreneurship; promote good governance, transparency and accountability in government; and encourage mentorship among African youths.
- The training process includes biannual conferences and weekly webinars on good governance, transparency, accountability, creative leadership and entrepreneurship, one-on-one mentoring, year-round engagement in social impact projects, leadership building experiences (home and abroad) and scholarships.
- ELP focuses on emerging state and non-state actors generally considered key to development.
- Upon completion of ELP, mentors evaluate progress and promote successful ELP graduates to the Centre’s Network of Effective African Leaders (NEAL). These effective leaders are supported by CSAAE to run for offices, serve in government, initiate enterprises in areas of market demand and shape public policies. They bear on each other on good governance, mentor emerging leaders and champion social impact projects in Africa.
- ELP is FREE to successful applicants
- Click link to learn more about ELP: http://csaaeinc.org/elp
For 2018, we are accepting applications in the following areas:
- Emerging Political Leaders
- Emerging Judicial Leaders
- Emerging Religious Leaders
- Emerging Business Leaders (Entrepreneurs)
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Nigerian citizen
- Must not only have a phone or tablet that can-do WhatsApp but also must continuously have such phone or tablet and can afford to be online for our weekly online training.
- Must have the time to be online every Friday from 7 pm – 10 pm for our weekly training.
- Must be able to travel to any part of Nigeria twice yearly for our Foundation Conferences and Mid-Year Leadership Portfolio Summits.
- Must be able to pass CSAAEINC ethics tests.
- Must be committed to the common good of Nigeria and Africa.
Eligibility for Specific Areas:
Emerging Political Leaders:
- Must not only have a firm interest in running for political office or working in government but also have a clear plan to do so.
- Must be between 16 – 21 years of age by December 1, 2018
- Must be in the first or second year of undergraduate studies in a Nigerian tertiary institution
- Must be able to initiate and manage a community development project that addresses a specific social problem that one cares so much about. The project must be able to grow into a mega social enterprise after three years.
Emerging Judicial Leaders:
- Must not only have a firm interest in becoming a prominent lawyer, judge or activist but also must have clear plan to do so.
- Must be between 16 – 21 years of age by December 1, 2018
- Must be in the first or second year of undergraduate law studies in a Nigerian tertiary institution
- Must be able to initiate and manage a community development project that uses legal tools to address specific community problem that one cares so much about. The project must be able to grow into a mega socio-legal enterprise after three years.
Emerging Religious Leaders
- Must not only have a passion for Catholic Social Teaching but also have clear plan to implement it in one’s parish.
- Must be a Catholic Senior Seminarian in the first year of theological studies.
- Must be able to initiate and manage a faith-based community development project that addresses specific community problem that one cares so much about. The project must be able to grow into a mega faith-based enterprise after three years.
Emerging Business Leaders/Entrepreneurs
- Must not only have a passion for Entrepreneurship but also have clear enterprise or business idea that can spring into a multi-million-naira enterprise in few years.
- Must be an undergraduate
- Must not be more than 21 years of age.
A few more things you need to know about the program:
- Only a few people are selected annually for each program area
- Each program area has two phases: The first phase is the grooming stage which lasts for three-years. Those who make it through this first phase are accepted into the lifetime phase.
- All selected applicants will be on probation for 6 months. Within this period, they will not be entitled to any benefit at the Centre beside the training. After six months they may now be entitled to:
- Need-based scholarship
- Technical and financial support for projects initiated by members
- Leadership building experience at home or abroad
- A personal mentor, most of whom are based in the U.S.
- Need-based transportation reimbursement for conferences and summits.
- Free website and email address.
- Free accommodation, feeding and transportation for conferences and summits
- All selected applicants will be inducted into the program at the Centre’s 2018 three-day Foundation Conference and Impact Dinner holding in the first or second week of December 2018 in Abuja. The Centre will provide accommodation and feeding but the selected applicant will transport him or herself to Abuja.
If you meet the above criteria and consent to the stipulations above, you can go ahead and complete the application form below.
Deadline for application is September 30, 2018. Orientation for selected applicants will start on November 1, 2018. Induction is on November 22nd at Green Mind Hotel, Abuja. Only selected applicants will be notified.
CSAAEINC does not discriminate on gender, ethnicity, State-of-Origin or religion. If you still have questions concerning the application process, please call 08168184714 or email: email@example.com