After the success of the first Challenge in 34 African countries, this year’s has been extended to a total of 55 countries around the world.
3 winners from each country will receive financial support, extensive publicity and coaching. From among these 3 winners per country, we will select grand winners by region, who will be offered additional support.
This year, a Top Female Entrepreneur category has been introduced. During the first Challenge, women accounted for almost 25% of the winners, even though they only made up 13% of the applicants. With this special award this year, we hope to give the women entrepreneurs an extra push to take part. It is also aligned with other Total initiatives for women.
- The project or business owner must not be older than 35 years.
- The applicant must be a citizen of the country he/she is applying.
- The project can be an idea or start-up created within two years.
- The project should offer a practical way of addressing a public health, safety, education, accessibility or other issue affecting local communities.
- Innovation isn’t necessarily revolutionary, involving something brand new or a total transformation. It can be incremental as well, improving an existing technology, product or service, or even just the way things are done.
- Projects that demonstrate feasibility and have the potential to benefit a broader public.
REWARDS AND BENEFITS:
3 Winners• Financial support
• Heightened exposure (Media, PR, networking)
⇩6 Grand Regional Winners
The first-place winner from each country will then compete for one of the six “Grand Regional Winner” awards!
During the first Challenge, women accounted for almost 25% of the winners, even though they only made up 13% of the applicants. With this special award this year, we hope to give the women entrepreneurs an extra push to take part. It is also aligned with other Total initiatives for women.
for better energyPossible partnership with the Total affiliate in the country**Optional. Details are specified in the Local Terms & Conditions.